Friday, November 23, 2007

Someone broke in to our house yesterday and stole my macbook. They didn't take anything else, just the laptop and some loose change. The police said that's typical because the thieves want to get in and out as fast as possible with any cash they find and one small expensive item like a laptop. Ever since my hard drive crashed I've been backing up like crazy so I didn't lose any writing. I'm not going to let this stop me from winning nanowrimo, but it wasn't a very good way to start the holiday. Ah well, it could have been worse.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how awful! I'm glad you had everything backed up, but it's always a sad occasion when going to a backup copy becomes necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I'm so sorry!

    You must keep going. Don't let them get you down. This is going to make for a great, inspirational story to tell when you sell that book. "First I broke my arm, then my computer crashed, then the replacement was stolen..." Sheesh, there's a country music song there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I did lose my momentum a little bit. I don't know if I'll make it to 50K. You're right, Tessa. I should turn this in to a very sad song.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, it could have been worse, but still!!!
    Sending you a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My computer's so old I don't think anybody would want it. I don't have a laptop (don't really like them, don't know why)but I hope you get a replacement with all the bells and whistles so you can write away. And great that everything's backed up. I have 2 pendrives, disks, mail stuff to myself, etc., LOL. Don't want those precious words lost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sucks! At least your writing has been saved. Keep on truckin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how LAME! I'm so sorry :( Big hugs!! And I hope bad karma knocks those thieves on their arses.

    ReplyDelete