Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The CALL!


Oh my sweet stars! I got The Call! The one that began with my agent saying, “I’ve got some fun news…” advanced to me burbling something like, “ohmygodthisisbeyondmywildestdreamsI’mgoingtocry,” and ended with, “Great! I’m calling them right now to tell them we accept!”

I’m so giddy and thrilled to tell you that my Golden Heart winning manuscript, Charlene and the Duchess Factory, and two other books, sold to Carrie Feron and Amanda Bergeron at Harper Collins/Avon books!

Avon is my dream house for so many reasons -- Eloisa James, Sarah MacLean, Tessa Dare, hello! Plus they have the most delicious, tactile covers in the business and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve held one of their books and trailed my fingers over the sensual matte finish and fantasized that it was my cover.

I have so much to celebrate and a HUGE list of people to thank. I will write a longer post and thank absolutely everyone very soon. For now I just want to say thank you to my sweet, long-suffering husband who cooked me dinners, built me wood fires, and went out to play in the music studio when I needed space…you have bewitched me, body and soul.

Also a big shoutout to Tessa Dare and Courtney Milan for sticking with me since Avon FanLit and showing me the path to greatness. And to Eloisa James for inspiring me to write romance in the first place. Oh, and of course an enormous thank you to my amazing literary agent, Alexandra Machinist, for taking a chance on a debut author.

That's the short version. More to come!
  
There’s a subplot in Charlene and the Duchess Factory about rescuing girls in the Covent Garden neighborhood of Regency-era London who have been forced into prostitution. I promised myself that if I sold, I would donate a percentage to a local Bolivian shelter for girls that have been trafficked. Some of them are only twelve, and none of them can ever leave the grounds of the shelter. This month, we will hold a “prom” at the shelter so they can wear pretty dresses, open presents, dance, and be young. So this is perfect timing. 

Thank you to RWA, Avon Books, and a big hug and lots of gratitude to you for reading. Remember, even your wildest dreams can come true!


1 comment: