Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Left My Heart In...




Every time I go back to the city by the bay I contract a severe case of nostalgia. The rows of candy-colored Victorians; the salt-tang in the air; the beckoning racks of polyester prom dresses at Thrift Town; the sea bass, mango, and butter appetizer baked in a large mussel shell at Sushi Zone. But this trip I won't have time for thrifting or sea bass and I won't even get to see my friends who still live there. Every second will be spent at the RWA National Conference. Because my life is so insane right now I haven't spent much time preparing for the conference. Maybe that's a good thing. I also haven't had time to feel nervous.

Courtney was blogging about pitching the other day and I realized that I haven't practiced my pitch for Filigree and Shadow and I started to get a bit panicky. I don't have a problem talking to strangers since I'm accustomed to being on stage and I actually like schmoozing. But none of that will help me if I haven't memorized the salient details of a succinct pitch. So that's my goal for today.

I hope your conference preparations are going more smoothly than mine. I can't wait to meet all my internet writing friends in SF! See you in a few days...

Lenora

2 comments:

  1. I miss SF too! It's the best city in the world--great weather, plenty of culture, great architecture, tons of history, etc. Good luck with your document and with your trip to the city. I'm sure you'll do fine with your pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't remember, are you here? Is so, email me and we'll get together for a drink!

    ReplyDelete